Friday, February 13, 2009

NOTME


I find it interesting, a bit humorous and most times irritating that whenever asked a question, the boys most common response is...
"not me".

So boys... You've inspired me and I dedicate these lines to you.

We have a new guest at our house
he/she's quiet as a mouse.
Someone I have yet to see,
and we call him/her NOTME.

Since the day that NOTME came
he/she always gets the blame,
for the toys upon the floor
and that dirt smudge on the door.



Hanging clothes makes NOTME cringe
and so clean clothes fill my bin,
now 10 loads I have to wash
NOTME does not care the co$t.

NOTME likes to run the faucet
he/she leaves open all our closets,
that smudge of toothpaste on the sink?
it's all NOTME'S fault we think.

NOTME'S favorite thing to do
is to take and hide our shoes,
leave his/her soda cans around
and the bath towels on the ground.

NOTME hates that our one wish
is to wash up his/her dish,
feed the pets and dust the shelf
the bed won't straighten up itself.

So to NOTME let me say
leave this place, be on your way.
Come on out from where you hide
pack your suitcase, I will drive.


**Maybe one day I will write a book about NOTME :)
(maybe Cam will do my illustrations)

11 comments:

BYU Fish said...

FAVULOUS!!! I'm wondering if there's more to that rysessat than just these few verses!!! YOU ARE A GENIUS!!!!

Lara said...

So good!

Pianojo said...

You're a poet, did you know it? Can you ryme something with subolel (word verification of the day)?

The Christensens said...

So cute!!!!

Carol J said...

Yeah..... funny thing... one of those "notme's" moved from our house to yours... what goes around, eventually comes around ... and applies to the world of the "notme's". I love it. But it can be so "insoysig". (word verification) You'll get through it... I did! And one day... those notme's will move into their own little homes and rage havic again.

Rachel said...

You really really really need to write a kiddie's book, "Notme"...really. I thought the "conistra" of words was clever and cute...I would totally buy it.

Jeff~Josee~Macie~Emry said...

Hey! Check out my blog & you will see an adorable little baby girl!! So sweet! (even when she is crying!) ;)

Natalie said...

Very cute Nellie! You are such a talented lady! So impressed!

jefferies family said...

Great!! You really need to publish this "notme". Maybe Maddie can help?

twinsand2boys said...

We have NOTME at my house too.

Kar said...

Clever. We have a NOBODY living with us.

Will you do me a favor? I've recently become obsessed with cake decor. Does your mom have a portfolio or something where I could look at her work. I'm want to take it up as a hobby so I want to look at a bunch of examples. Even if she just has pictures you (or her) could send me that would be fantabulous.

Blog Archive