Saturday, April 2, 2011

"I'd like to Thank the Academy"

Honestly, I don't really have anything profound to say. So I'll just get right to it...

Friday 4/1/2011


The "OREO" Cookie


This is a recipe I'm familiar with, but haven't baked in quite some time. We are talking years here people. 

It is a recipe I got from my Grandma Jefferies... I was looking through my books and I have quite a few of Grandma J.'s recipes. She was a great cook and because she doesn't bake much anymore, I've decided I must learn through trial and error how to re-create her yummy goodness. 

So far I feel like I've mastered this particular cookie as well as her Carmel Nut Brownies. I will learn how to make her potato salad, even if it kills me. 

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. It's a cake mix recipe and takes
less than 5 minutes to whip up, one of the things I love about it.
It means I can quickly get them to the oven and start on the frosting. 
These are pretty darn yummy!

I would like to take this moment and Thank the Academy... Oops! There I go again, pretending to be someone famous. What I meant to say is- I'd like to take this moment and Thank the Kitchen Aid, without her (Yes, HER) I don't know how I would possibly be sitting here one day away from achieving this weeks cookie project. Oh, and I guess I should mention my fabulous husband for his patience and errand running, and last but not least my oven, he's been great too. (Yes, HE)
**I've had this kitchen aid for over 10 years. Talk about Stamina. :)

3 comments:

Pianojo said...

This is Leslie's favorite cookie to make. She used to make them all the time when she was in high school. She even got quite creative and would make the frosting different colors.

byufish said...

Okay....never been a fan of the oreo cookie cookie....but these that you have posted....tempting!! I think it's the icing Jeanell...that looks creamy, but not runny, thick...but not so thick you're breaking a tooth....I'm exaggerating on past experiences before but...they look FAVULOUS!

Rachel said...

I'm a fan of the home-made oreo, for sure. And I really did like your Lorraine's yesterday...really. I find it very appropriate that SHE is a kitchen aid and HE is an oven. :)

Blog Archive