Friday, January 15, 2010

A Holly Jolly Christmas, It's my favorite time of year!

With our little Princess about to turn ONE

and Santa on the way...

There was much to prepare!
We had such a busy, yet fun month.
I wasn't able to get pictures of all
our festivities but feel I got enough for the memory books :)
We attended Grandma's (Motab) Christmas Concert
I guess I should say the boys and I attended, Rich was back at the hotel with Lila Rachie.
We took zero pictures but had such a fun time. Another highlight... The Little America Brunch Buffet. I think all the boys were in food heaven!
Our next venture was of course Grandma's Christmas party and Celebrating the December birthdays... Abbie and Lila
This being Lila's big First Birthday I had anticipated how thrilled she would be to dig into her own birthday cake.


We sang, she blew out her candle (with the help of her pops)
and as we tried to help her get a little excited and maybe just a little messy... Well, the tears came and she wanted nothing to do with it.
So here is the finished product...I mean, Come On!

(Thank You mom for the birthday cake and for always making the kids feel special on their big day)
After all the Hullabaloo with the cake our special visitor arrived...
Yes, the real SANTA!

I think this is the first year we had tearless kids! Yeah us!
We love you real santa.

Lila's big Day!

She has been such a joy to all of us!

Again... with the cake.
(yes, I thought she would have a change of heart and dig into it)

Once again I tried to help...

Once again she was in hysterics.
I guess you are a girly girl!
So we bathed her and just let her do what girls do best...
Talk on the phone...

and act annoyed.

WE do Love you little peanut!
Christmas Eve...
Celebrated with the Mouritsen family.
Again... no pictures but we traveled to Centerville, ate yummy food and participated in the
traditional nativity reading.
Later that evening the kids opened their PJ'S and books.

This years book... How the Grinch Stole Christmas.


-Christmas Morning-
Well, it was Christmas Morning.
Filled with excited kids, sleepy parents and presents under the tree.





Most of our Christmas morning was captured on Video :)
Later that day we were able to spent time with both families.

As stressful as it sometimes seems, I love this time of year.

Hope you all had a Merry Holiday!








6 comments:

The Christensens said...

Lilas cake has got to be the most adorable thing I have ever seen :)

Kristy said...

Love you family pic :) Such a good looking family! My kids hated the cake too...What the heck..And they're BOYS?!?!?

BYU Fish said...

December definitely is a partyfest for the Mouritsens/Jefferies! Saw the older boys a couple of weeks ago...it was fun. And I love that Lila has her ears pierced...such a girl!

Rachel said...

I CRACKED UP at Lila's attitude shot...Emma does the same thing and rolls her eyes already. What in the world are we going to do with them as 16-year-olds?!
Wish we were closer...we could celebrate a little more together. Give kissies to Lila Rach.

jefferies family said...

I love your family picture! Lila lou is such a cutie!! Got to see her a min. this past week, what a doll!!

Rachel Holste said...

First of all.... your little "Lila" is such a doll! I can tell she has a cute little personality. Love the darling cakes... and I love your family picture.... beautiful!

Blog Archive