Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Hey, That's My Church Pew!


I find it interesting that when you walk into the Chapel on Sunday you find yourself entering in through the same door (whether it be on the left or right side of the Chapel), stroll down the same aisle and oddly enough sit in the same Church pew. What's not funny... How you feel when you accidentally walk in a little late or... extra family and friends of a ward member attend due to a blessing or farewell and you find yourself unhappily wandering back to the overflow and the "hard chair" section. What is funny... How you glare at the folks who are in your soft bench for the remainder of the meeting, after all that is your "assigned seat" (as if the Bishop made a chart) and just about every other Ward member is in their rightful spot. You also try to muster up the courage to roll up your program point it in their direction while screaming

"THAT'S MY CHURCH PEW!"
but decide not to because Hey, We're all Christians.
** I guess it's time to start sneaking out of Sunday School 30 minutes before just to place your Scriptures (seat savers) on "your pew" and then quietly sneak back into Sunday School hoping the ward members don't know your devious scheme (sad thing is... people really do that, YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE)

9 comments:

The Christensens said...

You are to funny.... I never make it early enough to get a soft seat and then i am in trouble cause that huge gym is so appealing to Gunner and he just wants to get down and run.... Which makes my life miserable.... Guess thats why I rarely make it to sacrament meeting LOL

Rachel said...

For some reason, I just didn't picture you being a pew saver...or is this your way of sending a message to someone else?
...even worse is when you have to sit on the front row, your kid decides that then would be the perfect time to relieve all they have, and you pray that everyone behind you doesn't think it's you!

byufish said...

I am laughing OUT LOUD right now...and a student just came into my office and asked what was so funny....we're having an OFFICE MOMENT with several coworkers reading your blog!! For me...I just walk around looking for a "single" seat...which...oddly enough...is sometimes rather hard to find...and you know I shower on Sunday mornings so what's the problem!

Krista said...

ToTALLY, TOTALLY understand this!! The only thing worse is when a new family moves in and they target your pew and decide to take over... even when your scriptures are sitting there!! I would know this from personal experience. ARGGG!!

Pianojo said...

That is soooo true. Even though it is just me I still have my "place" that I ALWAYS sit in and I get a little miffed when someone is sitting there. Especially when they are always at church and always see you sitting there and then they still steel your spot!

david said...

OK Bubbins, this is how you handle the seat situation. You stand next to your seat and stare at whoever is in your seat. Give them the glare. Then move your lips but don't make any sound. Stand there until they move. They will move eventually. Love you Dad

Kar said...

I've had this problem before. Twice, I took control. A new family moved into our ward when I was in grade school, their daughter was my friend so I told her to not sit there anymore (we're still friends). The other time was a farewell and the people in "our pew" went to my high school. I wasn't friends with them and didn't care for them anyway, so I told them to move cause that was my bench. I don't think they were pleased about that, but it worked. I don't bother with fake friendships.

Jeff~Josee~Macie~Emry said...

Oh man...I hope your not talking about the crazy Archibald family!! You guys need to join us on the "other side", it's better anyways! ;) And warmer!
We need to get together & let the girls play! Or just visit while MY girls run wild!

BYU Fish said...

Hey, old blog! Got anything new and exciting for me to comment on? Your Mom said you've finished the carpentry work...I'm TOTALLY amazed sis! What CAN'T you guys do? SHEESH! Anyway, you also have to know that I'm eternally indebted for LIFE to the Jefferies....and the Jefferies-Mourtisens! You guys allow my endorphins to run free!

Blog Archive