Monday, January 26, 2009

Valentine Tree


I frequently joke about how long it has taken me to get my Christmas decoration's down and on the 11th of January I was finally successful! I did want to share a quick idea for those who might still have that tree up.
Carol S. This one's for you and your dilemma! :)
I leave up one of my tree's every year (until I get tired of looking at it) and coordinate it with the upcoming holidays. For Valentines I took my red, white and silver bulbs, tied them with some ribbon from Tai Pan (love that store).

I also purchased (from Tai Pan) some silver and big red plastic hearts.

I added red lights to the tree, some red Christmas garland and black and white ribbon for a little variety. Makes for a festive Valentine's day and fun for the kids ( very inexpensive).

They are going to write something they love about each sibling on a heart and we are going to add that to the tree as well (family night activity) .
The same can also be done for Easter if you can stand to have your tree up that long.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

I wanted to do a year-long tree so badly, but my smaller tree is flocked so that might a bit silly. :) Now that I have a new tree, I'll have to start it up next year. Love the idea of having the kids write the things they love...

Kristy said...

Super cute Janell...love the idea!

Krista said...

Cute... Cute... Cute! You're so clever! Thanks for sharing.

BYU Fish said...

Okay...who told you I haven't taken it down yet? Not only is it still up, but the timer is still on so the tree lights up about 5:30 pm every night, fully decked out with everything CarolJ put on it back in November! Why would I want to change that? Big question...do you decorate it for EVERY holiday? FYI...I do have my "undecorating" slated for FHE tonight. Won't take the tree down though...may have to think about redecorating it!

The Christensens said...

SO SUPER cute, and btw I still need to come see that baby, I want to hold her so bad:)

Alicia said...

THAT IS SO CUTE!!! I love the idea and wish so bad that I still had a tree up!

Blog Archive