Wednesday, August 27, 2008

School Days


Where do our summer's go? They seem to come to an end a little bit faster each year.
The boys started school on Monday and all seemed pretty eager to get back to school work and socializing, although the school work enthusiasm seems to fade quickly.
Pros- They are back to a structured schedule, Cons- They're another year older and all except Caleb picked out a pair of white shoes (I give them a week before they look battered).

Devin started the 8th grade in a new school. He has a good group of friends and is currently taking the fall off from all sporting activities (which is fine by me). Don't let the frown fool you. He really is happy, just getting to the age where he doesn't feel I need to take a picture at every mile stone in his life.

Tyler started the 6th grade also in a new school (first experience with multiple class changes).
He starts his soccer season this Saturday and is excited that Dad gets to be his coach.


Brayden also started the 6th grade. New school, multiple classes, none of which Tyler are in.
He also starts soccer with his twin brother and is also excited Dad will be coaching. One thing he told them he would do once he was done with the majority of his traveling.

Caleb started the 2nd grade. Same school. He seems to like his teacher so far and also loves the socializing part of school (even though he claims to never have friends but waves hi to every Tom, Dick, and Harriette whenever we are in public). He too is starting soccer on Saturday and Dad will be his coach as well (I thought I had my husband back home).


They are fun kids and have always done well in school. Hopefully that enthusiasm will continue this year.

6 comments:

Natalie said...

Looks like fun at your house. Cute cake!
Natalie

Mouritsen Family said...

I can't believe it's back to school time already. Noah started on Tuesday and he is loving it. I didn't realize what a big deal it is to have cool shoes for school. Noah was very particular about his this year. Good luck with the busy fall schedule. And by the way, did you make that cake? I'm very impressed!

Rachel said...

Like everyone else, cute cake. Did you make it? I had my first IM chat ever with Tyler the other day...

Krista said...

What a FANTASTIC cake! I love all the pictures and I'm totally with you on the white shoe thing (although I bought them this year too)! Wish them all good luck!
Love, The Hutchins

Jeanell said...

I want to say yes, I made the cake, but that would be a lie. Since I don't live close to my favorite cake decorator I have my #2 fav. up in Brigham. One of my friends at work actually made it for me. Pretty talented. Rach... if the kids are revealing anything I should know about in your conversations please send the info my way. I'm glad to hear I am not the only Mom with the white shoe problem. Seem's to be the thing to wear from the age of Noah(5) up to Tyson (16 or 17?).

Shaylee said...

Nell! You are so cute! my email is shaybabe904@hotmail.com. Email me and I'll send you other information indisclosable on this site! haha I love you!

Blog Archive