Monday, March 28, 2011

Curse you Cream of Tartar, Curse YOU

I know I've already posted once today, but I thought I'd better get my 2nd cookie up before I begin another busy work week.  

Monday 3/28
The "Snicker-doodle" Cookie

I've had this cookie a time or two, but have never baked the recipe. I was quite pleased with the final turnout, and I only swore a couple of times.
Remember how I don't make mistakes... (or at least take pictures of them)
I just happened to forget the eggs and the Cream of Tartar in the mix the first go around. 
(cue the swearing)
So I dumped the first mix down the garbage disposal and started again.
The second time around, I mixed 2 TBSP instead of 2 TSP of cinnamon with my sugar. 
(cue some more swearing)
Luckily this was an easy fix and luckily I caught it before rolling the balls of dough in it. 
I can only imagine how that would have tasted... Gross!
This cookie has never been one of my favorites, but as I mentioned above. I was quite pleased. 

I've never had a "Snicker-doodle" right out of the oven until tonight.
Oh Mercy, it was WONDERFUL.


3 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow, two posts in one day. Why, again, are you baking so many cookies??? And what were you helping Mom with in the choir office?

Bobbi said...

I LOVE SNICKER DOODLES.....they are my favorite cookie ever!! They look delicious too!! Great job on the cookies =O)

Lizzy said...

YEAH! Glad I found your blog! I LOVE snicker doodles right out of the oven. It's the best! I think I need to come over to your house this week. ;)

Blog Archive