Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A Secret Confession

I have a secret confession... Well I don't know if it's really a secret, but I'm afraid of COWS! Yes, don't make me repeat myself, COWS.


Really I blame the many childhood memories of feeding the cows on Grandpa J.'s farm and even the many cookouts we would have which almost every time, consisted of a cow getting loose and having to run for our lives so we wouldn't get trampled.

It's been a hectic, but pretty fun summer filled with lots of blog worthy moments and in my mind pretty cute photos of the kids, (in reality I'm really about 6 months behind on this thing) but I just have to share this momentous day.


In June we attended the Mouritsen Family Reunion which consisted of our visit to a relatives Dairy Farm. Dairy Farm = Many COWS.

It was actually quite interesting and I tried to act brave... After all, the others didn't seem to be afraid.



I actually tried to make friends with the COWS but they just STARED, and of course MOOED. They were probably secretly mocking me due to the aroma of fear in their presence, but I didn't care...


And though I enjoyed my time with family, ask me if I've been cured of this fear...
Absolutely...NOT.

4 comments:

byufish said...

Ya learn something new every day! My sister-in-law had a cow charge her car...yes...A COW!! You're smart to be afraid of those animals...they have hidden agendas.

Rachel said...

I HAD NO IDEA you were afraid of cows!!! I knew Mom was. Why didn't I know that??? No wonder you made your way over to the shady tree FARTHEST AWAY from the cows. :)

Shaylee said...

Nell, quite the fear eh? Sounds like a fun day with the fam though! I'm glad you posted FINALLY!!

Kathy Mouritsen said...

I wish I had known of your fear, although I am not sure what I would have done with the information. I love the pictures. It was an adventure.

Blog Archive